Eastern York School District
120 South Third Street
P.O. Box 150
Wrightsville, PA 17368
Eastern York School District
The Board of School Directors has officially opened the search for the next superintendent of Eastern York School District. As the search starts to unfold in the coming days and weeks, we will be updating the community as appropriate, with details on how you can get involved as well! Please be looking for additional details related to the search on this section of the website!
EASTERN YORK SCHOOL DISTRICT
Superintendent Search Update |
The Board of School Directors wishes to thank everyone who participated in the focus group conversations yesterday. We received an initial briefing from our consultant, Mr. Templeton, who facilitated the conversations, and the meetings seemed to go very well. Mr. Templeton will be providing us with a more in-depth briefing in the very near future, and we will most definitely be utilizing the results of these discussions in the assessment of candidates (through interview questions, reference checking, etc.). We are also confident that some of this information will make its way into the development of goals and objectives for the superintendent evaluation process. Thanks again to everyone.
The Eastern York Board of School Directors
Superintendent Search Focus Group Discussions
The Eastern York School District (approx. 2600 students) is searching for the next superintendent. The district is located in York County, Pennsylvania and within commuting distance to Maryland.
The district is looking to build upon its existing accomplishments, and is pursuing a candidate with the ability to adapt to the culture of the Eastern York School District, and the skills to:
- Become deeply connected to the Eastern York community through visibility and accessibility;
- Drive continued academic achievement of students through robust curriculum, instruction and assessment measures;
- Establish a culture of optimism, achievement and accountability for all staff and students;
- Display effective communication skills to enhance collaboration, promote success stories, and strategically engage the community;
- Effectively utilize budgeting and finance skills to ensure the maximum utilization of all district resources and a ‘return on investment’;
- Impact change, growth and improvement with thoughtfulness and efficiency;
- Understanding school construction and its impact on the achievement of students; and
- Coordinate the effort to continue to execute a compelling vision for the district.
Eastern York’s last superintendent served for 12 year, which speaks to the potential stability of the position. Candidates who email their cover letter and resume to Mr. Templeton to start the process will receive instructions for submitting an application and other documentation. Documents to be completed upon expressing interest include:
- PA letter of eligibility /proof of qualifications to serve as superintendent
- Act 24 clearance; current Act 34/Act 151 clearances/FBI clearance (within 1 year).
- Sealed university transcripts will need to be ordered and hand delivered to Mr. Templeton if selected for an interview.
- The deadline to be assured consideration is January 27, 2018.
- Contact info: (717) 636-3238, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note: There is no need to send all clearances and transcripts to Mr. Templeton. Please keep them in your possession until given additional instructions.
Updated on 1/11/2018